Matthew J. Bruksch DDS, FACS
Dr. Matthew Bruksch joined Rockford OMS after completing his residency in 2013, where he enjoys a broad scope oral and maxillofacial surgery practice.
He was born in Minneapolis and raised in Crystal Lake, Illinois. Dr. Bruksch was a three sport athlete in High School. Dr. Bruksch attended Northwestern University and participated on the football team in 2001. He received his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the University of Illinois College of Dentistry prior to serving his Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical residency at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tennessee.
Dr. Bruksch provides a full scope of oral and maxillofacial surgical care with emphasis on wisdom tooth removal, dental implants, corrective jaw surgery and management of facial trauma. He has been trained in the most technologically advanced forms of treatment of the facial bones utilizing CT guided Virtual Surgical Planning. He is certified by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and is recognized as a Fellow in the American College of Surgeons. He is also certified in Basic Life Support, Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support and Advanced Trauma Life Support.
He and his wife, Sarah, were married in 2013. They welcomed their daughter, Kate, to the family in 2015, and Clara in 2017. They enjoy skiing, music, dining out and attending athletic events.
Dr. Bruksch is an active member of organized dentistry and medicine on both a local and national level. His committee experience includes the following:
- Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Diplomate of the National Dental Board of Anesthesiology
- Winnebago County Dental Society
- Illinois State Dental Society
- American Dental Association
- Illinois Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- American College of Surgeons