Meet Dr. Matthew Bruksch
Board Certified Oral Surgeon in Rockford, IL
I have grown into an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon from birth, in a way. My father was a happy and fulfilled oral surgeon who shared different parts of the job with me from early childhood. I grew up in McHenry County and eventually attended Northwestern University, where I participated on the football team prior to completing my pre-dental studies.
My passion for the specialty was born after entering dental school in Chicago, where I was further exposed to surgeries. The results from corrective jaw surgery or “teeth in a day” implant-supported prosthetics are immensely gratifying and “life-changing” for patients.
I was fortunate enough to attend a well-respected residency program at Vanderbilt University Medical Center that exposed me to the full scope of oral and maxillofacial surgery. Removing wisdom teeth under sedation and placing dental implants are considered the mainstay of our services, however, the training that I received in facial trauma, pathology, and zygomatic implants has proved to be invaluable and extremely rewarding.
My approach to patient care is to treat every patient as though they are my family – communication and attention to detail are critical. I prioritize continuing education and take pride in providing the most current technology that we use with various forms of virtually guided surgeries.
Each day I am grateful for the opportunity that I have to practice as an oral and maxillofacial surgeon. I look forward to meeting you and helping to guide you through the best course of management. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to further improve your experience at Rockford OMS. My goal is to provide you with the best care available.
Choose Rockford Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery for Excellent Care
Drs. Bruksch and Altman can place dental implants, extract wisdom teeth, and perform several other oral and maxillofacial surgery procedures. Contact us to learn more!
Dr. Bruksch is an active member of organized dentistry and medicine on both a local and national level. His committee experience includes the following:
- Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Diplomate of the National Dental Board of Anesthesiology
- Winnebago County Dental Society
- Illinois State Dental Society
- American Dental Association
- Illinois Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- American College of Surgeons
- Oral Surgery Lead – Illinois Mission of Mercy
- Past President – Winnebago County Dental Society
- Councilman – Illinois Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Delegate – American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons